In the last post I talked about my love for purple lipsticks, and lip colors in general. So, here are the 7 purple lipsticks that I own in order of purchase. (Except for my beloved childhood friend, because I still don’t know what it’s called.)
– HEMA‘s Soft Matt lipbalm in 09: This is a plum. The application can be a little patchy, but this can be fixed by layering. Not very long-lasting, but it fades pretty. It’s a balm, so it’s soft. And it smells sweet, a little like berries! I use this very often, it’s a perfect fall color.
– COLLISTAR‘s Rossetto Puro in N.60 Glicine: This is a bit more of a ‘high-end’ product. The color is a pinkish violet with a golden undertone. I almost forgot to put this on my list, because I don’t use this now, and I didn’t use it much when I first bought it either. My mom loves it, though! While the product itself is great–it does exactly what you expect of any regular lipstick–I never liked the golden undertone. I had bought it initially because I wanted a purple for spring, but for me the gold is too prominent.
– NYX‘s Liquid Suede in 20 Oh, put it on: This was my first liquid lipstick, and I LOVE IT SO MUCH! This one is a blackish purple, and in the dark it probably looks black. But it’s not, I know the truth! I love the applicator, I love the formula, it stays on all night. This one does transfer a little, but I heard (via youtube vloggers) that it’s only this particular color in the Suedes line that transfers. (Nyx recently came out with Metallic Suedes, they’re supposed to be matte with some shimmer! I want it!)
– KIKO‘s Crystal Sheer Lipstick in 419: This is exaclty what the name says it is. It’s lipstick, it’s sheer, it sparkles. Everything a gloss should do, but in lipstick form, which means it wears a little longer. And I prefer the feeling of lipstick on my lips, as opposed to lip gloss. Buying this I should have read the label, or at least swatched it. But I was in Germany, my mom was waiting for me outside, and I was overwhelmed by the beautiful purple. Thus, I bought this thinking it would be opaque, that was a bit of a letdown. While it’s not an out-there color, I still love it because it’s different. Not many people wear a purple gloss.
– NYC‘s City Proof Matte long lasting blur lip color in 402 Central Park Plum: Now this is a mouthful. It’s red-leaning plum color. When I saw this in the drug store, I was like ‘blur? huh?’ Yeah, this has a thicker lip pencil on the one end, and a sponge on the other end. You’re supposed apply it close to the opening of your mouth, and then smudge it outwards for an ombre effect. What I do? I either use it as lip liner, or I use it all over my lips and then smudge a little for a muted effect. It’s great if you want the color, but you don’t want it on full blast. Tip: clean the sponge regularly, or the sponge will transfer product back on your face where it doesn’t belong.
– NYX‘s soft matte lip cream in 26 Havana: A lip cream that stays on longer than expected. It takes a few tries to figure out the perfect application. The sales person said from the corners of the lips to the middle, and I do that, sort of, but it feels weird. So most of the time I start that way, but end up doing it however the hell I want to do it. This would have been the perfect purple if it had been more violet, but it’s still a gorgeous color. I haven’t worn this often, because I’m not used to this kind of vibrancy. And because the application is a little harder, I don’t want to put it on when I leave the house for a long period of time, or when I plan on eating something, because I don’t think I could re-apply it on-the-go.
– Maybelline‘s Vivid Matte Liquid in 43 Vivid Violet: This is a line that Maybelline extended, because there didn’t used to be a purple, and I saw in the drugstore that they also added Lacquer’s in this formula, as opposed to this Matte one. Or well, it’s supposed to be, but it is not matte. It has a satin look when it dries down, but there is still some shine to it. Also, it’s a little patchy and needs multiple layers for it to be opaque. I bought this thinking it would be more violet than the previous one by Nyx, but the color is only a shade lighter. I can make it work if I use less product, and thus make it less opaque, but still, I shouldn’t have to do this to get the desired effect. These are slightly scented, and they have a taste. I don’t dislike it, but I prefer my make-up to have no scent and no taste.
Nevertheless, my search continues… (I saw Lush had lipsticks and they have a purple too! But it’s not available in stores, and the shipping online is hella expensive, so that’s nope.)